Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Final jabs and jolly good curry






Wednesday, 24 March - Just a few days to go until we depart. Yesterday we paid a visit to the travel medical clinic on Little Bourke Street for our final vaccinations. We both had Yellow Fever and Polio vaccinations and I also had a tetanus shot. So that's six jabs for me and four for Larna! On the tram ride to Jacqui for dinner, I perused the little travel preparation handbook the clinic gave us - some scary things out there, but I am sure we can avoid rabid dogs, bilharzic water, scorpions etc.
Our local culinary eating adventure continued at Jacqui's place, where she cooked delicious lamb rogan josh with a very spicey bean dish on the side (f--cking hot is perhaps more accurate). No handstands in the shower this morning though! Jacqui had a copy of an old Lonely Planet Guide to India which i skimmed through - overwhelmed by the size and diversity on offer, can't wait to see the place for real.
Oh yes...in between our jabs and dinner, we had coffee at this cute little Euro-style cafe in one of the Victorian arcades in the city. Go down some of Melbourne's alleyways and 'little' streets and and you feel you have stepped into Paris/Milan/London.

3 comments:

  1. U forgot to mention the burnt cupcakes Lanny baked hahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a send off! You guys have some really talented friends. I'm very envious of your multicultural feasts (mainly because I think there's a very good chance that my cooking is actually on the pamphlet you got from the clinic).

    All the best for your travels! Keep your blog updated, I'm just about to add it to my blog page so I never miss a beat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Agnes...sorry we never got to catch up before we left. Stay in touch and hopefully see you soon. email me your blog address...

    ReplyDelete