Monday, March 22, 2010

The tastes of Nepal









Saturday, 20th March - Who says you have to jump on a plane to experience another culture? Still in Melbourne, we spent the day with Larna's fabulous Nepalese friend Manisha and her equally fabulous Indian friend Jacqui. Sitting in Manisha's flat, near Chapel Street in South Yarra, we munched on Nepalese dried goat meat in a salsa-like sauce called "Su-ki-ta". A lover of all meats dried, I could not get enough. After that Larna and I helped Manisha make "mo-mos" which are steamed dumplings with minced chicken inside. It took me a while to get the technique right, but I was soon making my own assortment of momos, which we then steamed over the stove and ate with a spicy green chilli and tomato sauce. Mmmm...we made our way back via tram and train with aching stomachs. I must have eaten at least 20 of them!

1 comment:

  1. i think u ate more than 20 Larry hahaha....

    ReplyDelete